This nourishing traditional wheat porridge dessert is one of the easiest, most scrumptious desserts that you could make at home. It is rich, creamy, slightly chewy, sweet and savory.
Yield: 5 servings
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
• 200g wheat pearls
• 1litre purified water
• 6 tablespoons Biogreen Beta Oatmilk Energy
• 3 tablespoons Biogreen O’Kid High Protein Organic Soya Milk Powder
• 3 tablespoons Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• 100g Etblisse Organic Whole Cane Sugar
• ½ teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine)
• 2 pandan leaves knotted
1. Rinse the wheat pearls in tap water for 3 times. Then, soak in water for an hour.
2. In a medium size pot, bring water and knotted pandan leaves to boil.
3. Add wheat pearls, bring to boil for 5 minutes and lower heat to a simmer for 30 minutes, or until the wheat pearls become soft.
4. Add oatmilk, soya milk, coconut oil, cane sugar and sea salt.
5. Bring to a quick boil.
6. Remove from heat and ready to serve!
♥ This nourishing traditional wheat porridge dessert is one of the easiest, most scrumptious desserts that you could make at home. It is rich, creamy, slightly chewy, sweet and savory. Wheat pearls are excellent source of protein, dietary fibre, iron, vitamins and minerals. It is a delightful dessert that can be enjoyed hot or cold!
♥ Biogreen Beta Oatmilk Energy is high calcium beverage with added nutritional yeast, delivering B complex vitamins that are vital for improving energy metabolism and fight fatigue.
♥ Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is cold-pressed from fresh coconut kernels and is free from trans-fat and cholesterol. Its lauric acid content helps in improving immunity and digestion, as well as conferring antibacterial and antiviral properties.