Black sesame is packed with antioxidants (sesamin) and heart-healthy fats, as well as minerals that are known to promote blood circulation, strengthen bone and teeth health as regulating blood pressure and stabilising blood glucose.
Walnut Black Sesame Soup
11 February 2019
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 3 servings
• 50g Biogreen 100% Pure Black Sesame Powder
• 35g walnut
• 25g glutinous rice flour
• 400ml purified water
• 3 tablespoons Etblisse Organic Unrefined Coconut Sugar
• 1 tablespoon Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• ½ teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine)
1. Stir fry the walnut on a pan until fragrance or roast at 170°C for 5 minutes. Blend the roasted walnut and set aside.
2. Blend the black sesame in a blender. Add in 150ml of water and continue blending until smooth.
3. Add another 100ml of water into blender, continue blending into puree and sift the puree into a bowl.
4. Mix glutinous rice flour with 150ml of water in a bowl.
5. In a pot, add in walnut powder, black sesame puree, thickened glutinous rice flour, oil, sugar and salt and cook under medium heat. When the soup starts to bubble, simmer until thickened for another 5-8 minutes over low heat. Ready to serve.
Note: Stir the soup regularly to prevent burning.
♥ Biogreen 100% Pure Black Sesame Powder is roasted at low temperature to maintain most of its nutrients. Black sesame is packed with antioxidants (sesamin) and heart-healthy fats, as well as minerals that are known to promote blood circulation, strengthen bone and teeth health as regulating blood pressure and stabilising blood glucose.
♥ Etblisse Organic Unrefined Coconut Sugar is low in glycaemic index, and thus suitable to use as replacement for refined sugars by diabetics. Coconut sugar contains several nutrients like minerals and dietary fibre called inulin which enable glucose to be absorbed slowly.
♥ Walnuts are rich in omega-3, favouring cholesterol and heart health.
Leave your comment