This Ang Ku Kueh is a traditional delicacy made from glutinous rice and wrapped with coconut filling without the use of artificial colours.
Yield: 5 pieces
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
55g Etblisse Organic Coconut Sugar
75g fresh shredded coconut
30g filtered water
2 pandan leaves, knotted
100g glutinous rice flour
80g filtered water
1 teaspoon Biogreen Organic Green Balance Powder
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
5 pieces of small banana leaves, lightly greased
1. Combine coconut sugar, water and pandan leaves in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until sugar fully dissolved.
2. Add in shredded coconut, make sure all the shredded coconut is coated with the melted sugar. Keep stirring until all the liquid is evaporated.
Green outer layer
1. Dissolve Green Balance Powder and brown sugar into lukewarm water, set aside.
2. Mix glutinous rice flour with hot water (70 ̊C).
3. Add in Green Balance mixture and knead.
4. Add in more Green Balance mixture if needed (about ½ teaspoon), knead until a smooth dough is formed.
5. Add in coconut oil and continue to knead until well blended.
6. Divide dough into 5 portions (35g each), cover with cling wrap to prevent from drying.
1. Flatten each ball of dough on palm, top with coconut filling, wrap the filling and seal the edges to form a round shape.
2. Grease the mould and sprinkle some glutinous rice flour onto the mould before putting the dough into it.
3. Knock the dough out of the mould and put it on the greased banana leave.
4. Steam over medium heat for 8-10 minutes.
5. Lightly coat the kueh with some oil.
6. Set aside and cool. Enjoy!
♥ This Ang Ku Kueh is a traditional delicacy made from glutinous rice and wrapped with coconut filling without the use of artificial colours. The added wheatgrass and barleygrass from Biogreen Green Balance Powder deliver extra fibre, chlorophyll and active enzymes for better bowel movement and immune system.
♥ Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is cold-pressed from fresh organic coconut kernels. Its 50% lauric acid content helps in weight loss, confers antibacterial properties and reduces liver workload by preventing fat accumulation in the liver.