Christmas is just around the corner, why not spreading this holiday cheer with The Happy Gingerblack Man? Their spice, their SMILE and their charms are obviously irresistible, not to mention the healthy black- element ingredients, namely organic black bean, black sesame and organic blackstrap molasses. And for credit, they are vegan-friendly!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 16 pieces
For “Gingerblack” Man
• 1/4 cup (56g) vegan butter
• 1/2 cup (100g) unrefined cane sugar
• 1/3 cup (100g) Biogreen Organic Blackstrap Molasses
• 3 tbsp (45 g) Biogreen O’Tigres Organic Black Bean Powder (Cane Sugar Free)
• 2 tbsp (20 g) Biogreen 100% Pure Black Sesame Powder
• 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
• 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp Biogreen 84 Live Fine Sea Salt
• 2 tsp ground ginger
• 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
For Decorating (optional)
• 1 cup (120g) icing sugar
• 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
• 1 tbsp water
1. Preheat the oven at 170oC for 10 minutes.
2. Cream the vegan butter and cane sugar with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes until they become light.
3. Add the molasses and vanilla to the mixing bowl and beat together with the vegan butter and brown sugar.
4. In another bowl, sift the flour and add the black bean powder, sesame powder, ginger, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl containing the wet ingredients gradually and mix into a thick batter.
6. Flour a surface and your hands generously and roll the batter into a ball. You can chill the dough in the fridge for 1 hour for better rolling.
7. Roll out the ball using a rolling pin into ¼ inch thick on a parchment paper, and cut out gingerbread man using gingerbread man mould.
8. Gather the scraps of dough, form into a ball, roll out and cut again until you have used all of the dough.
9. Place into the preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
10. Cool the gingerbread man completely before decorating.
11. To decorate, mix all of the decorating ingredients into a thick consistency liquid, scoop into a pipping bag and you are ready to create your own design.
♥ The Happy “Gingerblack” man is lightly sweet, rich and robust cookies full of molasses, ginger and spices. Unlike typical Gingerbread man recipes, this version is free from refined sugars, vegan, and packed with antioxidants and nutrients that delay aging, support healthy kidney function and help in blood formation and circulation.
♥ Biogreen Organic Blackstrap Molasses is rich in iron, calcium, potassium and other trace minerals. Good source of minerals for growing children, strengthen kidney and body, and reduce menstrual problems in women.
♥ Biogreen O’Tigres Organic Black Bean Powder aids in strengthenig kidneys and liver to replenish our body internally. It also contains high level of antioxidants, which delay aging, and not to mention their heart protecting effect.
♥ Biogreen 100% Pure Black Sesame Powder is a black element food which helps to darken our hair and enhance kidney function. It is also rich in calcium and iron, which help to strengthen bone and teeth, and increase red blood cells respectively.