Yield: 2-3 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
• 1 pack tempeh, cut into strips
• 2 pieces of turmeric leaves, middle vein removed and thinly sliced
• 2 pieces of dry tamarind slice
• 2 cups of organic soy milk (4 tbsp Biogreen O’Kid High Protein Organic Soya Milk Powder + 500ml purified water)
• 3 tbsp Biogreen 100% Virgin Organic Coconut Oil
• Biogreen 84 Live Fine Sea Salt to taste
• Organic whole cane sugar to taste
• 20 stalks bird’s eye chilies
• 4 medium red onions
• 1 inch fresh turmeric
• 1 inch fresh ginger
• ½ cup purified water
1. Pan fry the tempeh in a heated pan with oil until golden brown.
2. Grind all the ingredients for spices paste in a food processor or blender until smooth.
3. Boil the paste and sliced tempeh in a pot for a few minutes.
4. Add the remaining tamarind slice, turmeric leaves, salt, sugar, coconut oil and soya milk into the pot. Mix well and let it simmer for few minutes.
5. Serve with rice and enjoy while hot!
♥ Soya milk is most commonly used to substitute coconut milk in any recipe due to its creamy mouthfeel. Biogreen O’Kid High Protein Soya Milk Powder made from only 100% organic non-GMO skin-peeled soya beans, suitable to be used as low saturated fat and high protein substitute for coconut or dairy creamer in cooking.
♥ Tempeh is a traditional Indonesian food made from fermented soya beans. Since it is made from soya beans, it contains premium plant-based protein for cells and tissue growth, repair and development. Besides, as a fermented food, tempeh is a source of probiotics and prebiotics that aid in digestive health.
♥ This version of Lemak, a traditional Malay dish is heart-friendly since both tempeh and soya milk is made of soya bean that is rich in soya isoflavone. Soya isoflavone is shown to reduce total and LDL cholesterol, contributing to heart health. Besides, soya bean improves memory and brain health as soya protein triggers chemical messengers that are linked to better memory health.