Yield: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes (to pre-cook rice)
Processing Time: 20 minutes
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• 1 cup medium grain cooked rice
• 4 cups Etblisse Emil I’Kid Millet Brown Rice Milk (12 scoops mix with 600ml water)
• 1 tablespoon Etblisse Organic Ginger Syrup
• ½ teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Fine Sea Salt (optional)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (optional)
• 50g Biogreen Organic Sultana Raisins
• Ground cinnamon (to taste)
1. Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in a sauce pan. Add rice and sauté in rice until opaque (solid white). Stir it constantly to avoid burning.
2. Stir in 3 cups of millet brown rice milk at a time. Stir and simmer until the liquid is almost completely absorbed before adding more. Bring to boil, cover and let it simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
3. Once the mixture is thickened, stir in salt, vanilla paste, raisin and ginger syrup and last cup of millet brown rice milk. Stir until combined and cook until most of the liquid is absorbed.
4. Serve warm or cold, dust with ground cinnamon if desired.
♥ This simple yet lightened up sweet rice porridge is easy to make and you can still enjoy warming and nourishing rice porridge without dairy and load of sugar!
♥ Etblisse Emil I’Kid Millet Brown Rice Milk incorporates natural unrefined brown rice, millet, soya protein and soya lecithin, delivering naturally-occurring vitamin B-complex and phospholipids which are essential for body metabolism and brain development. The added Chinese yam, oligosaccharide and inulin support growth of bifidobacteria bacteria in the gut to improve digestion and absorption.