Pumpkin is a good source of beta-carotenes, lutein, and zeaxanthin which confer antioxidant properties to maintain the integrity of skin and protect our eyes from free radicals attack.
Preparation time: 1 ½ hour Yield: 3-4 servings
• 1 cup Biogreen ® O’mega 5 Grain Rice
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen ® O’Kid High Protein Soya Milk + 1 cup water
• ½ fresh pumpkin (seeded and peeled, cut into small slices)
• 2 tablespoons wolfberry
• 5 cups water
• 2 teaspoons Biogreen ® 84 Live Sea Salt
• 1 tablespoon Biogreen ® Prebalance Powder
• 1 tablespoon Biogreen ® Organic Extra Virgin Golden Flax Seed Oil
• Black pepper (sparingly)
• 1 stalk spring onion (cut into small pieces)
1. Soak the O’mega 5 grain rice for around an hour.
2. Put the pumpkin slices, rice and water into a pot. Turn the heat over medium high, and cook for 5 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium low. Place the lid on the pot and cook for about 1 hour, stir occasionally.
3. Add in soya milk and wolfberry, cook for another 10 minutes over small heat.
4. Add in salt, black pepper and flax seed oil into the congee.
5. Garnish with spring onion and prebalance powder. Ready to serve.
♥ Biogreen O’Kid High Protein Soya Milk provides plant protein and calcium, which can help to strengthen muscle, cells, bone and teeth density.
♥ Biogreen O’mega 5 grain rice is made of 5 types of premium grains, having higher level of calcium and dietary fibre than white rice, assist to strengthen bone density and manage blood sugar level in elderly.