Yield: 20 pieces
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Baking Time: 25-30 minutes
Simple Vegan Meatball
- ½ cup white onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 200g firm tofu, pressed to remove liquid
- 200g black bean, soaked overnight and drained
- 8 tablespoons Biogreen O’Tigres Organic Black Bean Powder (Cane Sugar Free)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasonings
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup bread crumb
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Press tofu to remove excess liquid, and pat dry.
- Rinse and drain the black beans and press with an absorbent towel to remove excess liquid.
- Process the black beans with the tofu in a food processor until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together other ingredients into the tofu and black bean mixture.
- Form the dough into bite-size small balls, and coat with bread crumbs before arranging them in a large baking tray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown colour.
- Black beans support heart health by lowering blood cholesterol, control blood sugar and they are extremely high in molybdenum, which can break down and detoxify sulphites. Also, sufficient consumption of molybdenum has been shown to reduce impotence and erectile dysfunction in older men.
- O’Tigres Organic Black Bean Powder is a diabetic-friendly drink with no added sugar but simply 100% organic protein-rich black beans. Processed using modern sprouting technology, our black bean powders are comfy to tummy as they help to ease digestion and absorption. Packed with powerful antioxidants to delay aging, it’s also high in folic acid, strengthen kidneys and liver