Beetroot is low in fat and loaded with nutrients like vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It serves as good source of folate which supports mental and emotional health.
Yield: 1 serving
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons wholemeal flour
- 2 tablespoons Biogreen Oates’ Cocoa Oatmilk
- A pinch Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened soya milk (made by adding 1 tablespoon Biogreen O’Kid High Protein Organic Soya Milk Powder in 2 tablespoons purified water)
- 1 tablespoon Biogreen Bio-Enzymes Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Biogreen O’Blue Organic Agave Nectar
- ¼ beetroot, cooked, pureed
- 1 tablespoon Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy butter
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened soya milk
- Fresh fruits
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a mug.
2. In a mug, whisk together the soya milk and vinegar. Set aside for 10 minutes to thicken.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add to the soya milk mixture and add the remaining wet ingredients. Whisk until smooth.
4. Bake in oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
5. Prepare the frosting by creaming all the ingredients together at high speed for 2 minutes.
6. Spread the frosting on the brownie and serve with fresh fruits.
♥ Biogreen Oates’ Cocoa Oatmilk is a nutritionally-balanced formula combining oats and antioxidant-rich cocoa, which helps to improve inflammation and benefits mental health. Coupled with O’Blue Agave Nectar, it helps to lower the rise of blood glucose, thus minimising blood glucose fluctuations.
♥ Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is easily metabolised to deliver quick fuel to support our body’s functions. Some studies have shown that consuming medium chain fatty acids could help fight depression and relieve stress.