𝐴𝑛 𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝐶ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑔𝑜𝑒𝑠, “𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑎 𝑡𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑐 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑟, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑓𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑎 𝑡𝑖𝑔𝑒𝑟 𝑖𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔”. Well although we don’t winter to end the year in Malaysia, but the incessant wet rain and cold wind season could make you catching a cold easily, hence it’s keep your body warm from within for strengthening our natural shield.
Winter Solstice Festival is drawing near. 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒈 𝒀𝒖𝒂𝒏 has always been the limelight on this special tradition day.. Let’s have a try on this low-sugar and nourishing glutinous rice balls during this family reunion festival!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
Yield: 15 balls
100g pumpkin, skin-peeled
½ teaspoon brown sugar
125g glutinous rice flour
100ml filtered water, as needed
10g Biogreen Organic Green Balance Powder
80g Etblisse Almond Powder
80g Mariami/Medjool dates, pitted
100g Etblisse Organic Ginger Soymilk
600ml filtered water
3 pandan leaves, knotted
Prepare the filling
1. Add dates into food processor and blend until smooth. Add in almond powder to mix together. Remove and set aside.
Make the dough
1. Steam pumpkin for about 15 minutes until soften. Mash cooked pumpkin with a fork while it is still hot.
2. Combine with glutinous rice flour and sugar. Add in water slowly and knead into soft dough.
3. Pinch a small knob (about 10g) of the pumpkin dough and knead with little green balance powder.
4. Then divide pumpkin dough to smaller balls (about 15 g).
Assemble and cook tang yuan
1. Flatten the dough into round disc and wrap the black sesame paste into it, then roll into round ball.
2. Use a skewer to press a few lines on top. Shape green balance dough into a small stem. Dip it with little water and stick on to the top of the shaped pumpkin.
3. Cook the pumpkin balls in boiling water until they float to the surface. Transfer them immediately to a bowl of cold icy water.
4. Gently simmer the ginger soymilk with pandan leaves at low heat for 15 minutes.
5. Dish out tang yuan and serve with warm ginger soymilk!
♥ Using Mariami dates in tang yuan dessert is a healthier choice to prevent indulging too much refined sugars, as its high-fibre content aids in digestion and slows the blood glucose spike.
♥ Etblisse Organic Ginger Soymilk is made with organic soymilk, coupled with 10-month-old ginger and minerals-rich organic whole cane sugar. Ginger is widely recognised as circulatory aid to keep body warm during cold weather, and also aids in soothing an upset stomach, helping with menstrual cramps, and contributing to weight loss.
10 克Biogreen 有机大小麦苗粉
80 克Etblisse 美肤润肺杏仁粉
♥ Etblisse 有机黑糖老姜豆奶是由有机豆奶，搭配10个月老姜以及矿物质丰富的有机全蔗糖配制而成。老姜广为人知地用来促进血液循环，尤其是天冷时有助于身体保暖之余，还有助于舒缓胃部不适、经痛以及有助于减重。