A soufflé is a baked egg-based dish combined with various other ingredients to serve as a sweetened dessert. Added with Biogreen Pink Lady Oatmilk, making it a dessert with higher fibre content and more beneficial nutrients such as iron, vitamin B and Omega-3 to satisfy your craving without guilt!
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Processing Time: 30 minutes
• 90g Etblisse Quick Cook Organic Jumbo Oats
• 75g Biogreen Pink Lady Oatmilk (mixed with 750ml warm water)
• 60g organic whole cane sugar
• 3 organic eggs, yolks and whites separated
• 1 teaspoon Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• ¼ teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Fine Sea Salt
• ½ teaspoon lemon zest
• 1 tablespoon Biogreen O’Blue Organic Agave Nectar (optional)
• Strawberries for garnishing (optional)
1. Add oats, Pink Lady Oatmilk, sugar and salt, into a saucepan, and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
2. Once it’s simmering, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally for about 15-20 minutes, until mixture is thickened to an oatmeal or porridge consistency.
3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 170°C. Grease 4 ramequins and sprinkle with sugar on all sides. Set aside.
4. emove oatmeal mixture from heat and let cool slightly.
5. Quickly stir the egg yolks and lemon zest into the oatmeal. Add the egg whites into a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed with a hand mixer for about 3-5 minutes, or until semi-stiff peaks form.
6. Fold the egg whites gently into the oatmeal until just combined.
7. Transfer mixture to prepared ramequins and bake 30 minutes, until golden brown and puffed up. Soufflé will sink right after it is removed from the oven, so don’t worry!
8. Garnish with strawberries, drizzle with agave nectar and it’s ready to serve!
♥ Etblisse Quick Cook Organic Jumbo Oats are larger and thicker oats made from Finnish oat kernels that are gently steamed and rolled for a supremely creamy flavour with more bite. One serving of Organic Jumbo Oats has 12% more beta-glucan compared to regular oats, and taking more oat beta-glucan has been shown to favour healthier levels of blood cholesterol and blood sugar levels.