Frozen treats are always the favourites among kids, but many parents are concerned of the amount of synthetic colours, flavours and even sugars added in these commercial ice-cream and popsicles! Worry not, Biogreen nutritionist has designed a tasty and absolutely healthier popsicles recipe for you, and guess what? It only takes less than 15 minutes for preparation!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Freezing Time: 4-5 hours
Yield: 3 popsicles
• 6 tablespoons (75g) Biogreen O’Kid Oatmilk
• 130g fresh/frozen raspberries (or any preferred berries)
• 2 tablespoons (30ml) Biogreen Raw Honey
• ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
• 230ml purified water
1. Save few whole raspberries aside for decorations later.
2. Mix all other ingredients in a food processor and blend for 1 minute at high speed or until they turn smooth.
3. Into 3 popsicles mould, roughly distribute whole raspberries at the bottom of each mould.
4. Pour the popsicles’ base into the moulds, tap them very gently on a working surface, then insert popsicles’ sticks and freeze.
5. Depending on your freezer, it might take 4-5 hours or even longer for complete freezing.
♥ Commercials ice-cream and popsicles are often added with lots of food additives, sugar and fats to make them more appealing. However, overconsumption of these frozen sweet treats is one of the major cause of obesity and hyperactivity among kids.
♥ This recipe contains high fibre from oats, antioxidants like vitamin C from fresh raspberries and active enzymes from honey, absolutely a healthier frozen treat for your kids when hot weather strikes!