Looking for a fun way to add excitement to your Chinese New Year party? Serve fortune cookies!
Yield: 12 fortune cookies
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes (per batch) 1 hour total
• 1 Chia egg (1 tablespoons Etblisse Organic Black Chia Seed in 3 tablespoons water)
• 3 tablespoons Biogreen Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• 6 tablespoons filtered water
• 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
• 120g all-purpose flour
• 120g sugar
• 30g rice flour
• 1 teaspoon constarch
• ½ teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Fine Sea Salt
1. In a mixing bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and create a well in the centre of the bowl.
2. Pour in the wet ingredients and stir, but add the water spoon for spoon.
3. On a silicone baking mat put 1 tablespoon of batter and spread into circle with a spoon.
4. Make only two at a time as you need to fold them quickly before they harden.
5. Preheat oven to 170°C and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
6. Remove from the oven, flip the cookies over, put a fortune in the middle, and fold the cookies in half. Use gloves as the cookies are piping hot from the oven.
7. After folding in half, use the edge of a cup to bend the cookies into shape. Place in a muffin tray to hold the shape until harden.
8. Once cool, keep in airtight container for longer storage and easy serving purpose.
♥ While not exactly predicting the future, fortune cookies are a good addition to any party to incorporate the element of mystery and luck. Prepared to be entertained by your guests’ hilarious response to the mystery fortune!
♥ As a typical dessert served after meal, store-bought fortune cookies can be loaded with refined sugar. However, this recipe will get you worry-free as superfood chia seed is used in place of a normal egg to provide tons of nutrients to your otherwise boring fortune cookies.
♥ Biogreen Organic Black Chia Seed is premium organic chia seed from Bolivia, and is 100% free from any artificial ingredients and preservative. It is high in premium plant protein, fibre, heart-healthy Omega-3, calcium and many other nutrients essential for maintaining good health.