Cauliflower is low in calories and rich in nutrients like vitamin B, C, and K, which are beneficial for oral health. It also poses anti-inflammatory properties and thus protecting the body against chronic diseases.
Yield: 12 cakes
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
• 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
• 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons purified water)
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
• 1/3 cup wholemeal flour
• ¼ cup ground oats
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen Beta Oatmilk Energy
• 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
• 1 teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine)
• ½ teaspoon chili powder
• 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Creamy Vinaigrette Sauce
• ½ cup Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• ½ cup unrefined sunflower oil
• ¼ cup unsweetened soy milk (60ml) (made by adding 1 tablespoon Biogreen O’Kid High Protein Organic Soya Milk Powder in 3 tablespoons purified water)
• 1 tablespoon Biogreen Bio-Enzymes Vinegar
• Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine) to taste
1. Steam the cauliflower florets until fork tender. Remove from heat and place onto paper towels to drain any condensation.
2. Chop the florets into smaller bits using a knife or a food processor.
3. In a big bowl, combine flour, ground oats, oatmilk powder, nutritional yeast, sea salt, chili powder and pepper with a whisk. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
4. Preheat oven to 200°C.
5. Layer a baking tray with parchment paper and brush with some vegetable oil.
6. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop mixture into patties and place on the baking tray. Brush each cake lightly with oil.
7. Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes, turn over and bake another 10-15 minutes or until the cakes are nicely browned on both sides.
8. Sprinkle with sea salt and set aside.
9. Prepare the dipping sauce by placing all the ingredients in the blender, except the oil and blend for about 5 seconds. Then add the oil gradually while the blender is going, turn it gradually from low to high and let it go until thickens.
10. Try the sauce and add more salt if needed.
11. Serve the cauliflower cakes warm along with the creamy vinaigrette sauce.
♥ Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil provides lauric acids that possess antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties. It is easily consumed, digested and absorbed. Thus, it is able to supply the extra energy that is required by HIV patients.
♥ Ground oats serves as a healthy replacement for bread crumbs as it is able to provide similar crunchiness and it aids in regulating blood glucose, blood cholesterol and blood pressure levels.