A steaming bowl of soup just begs for a crunchy salad of fresh greens at its side and a thick slice of crusty bread to mop up the bowl. Every sip is loaded with great nutrients, a simple soup that cares about your children nutrition, as well as making the organic distinction here.
Yield: 7 – 8 servings
Cooking time: 25 - 30 minutes
• 500g fresh broccoli, cut into florets
• 1 medium potatoes, peeled and diced small
• 1 cup sweet corn
• 1 large white onion, chopped
• 2 medium carrot, diced
• 4 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon Biogreen® 84 Live Sea Salt
• 75g Biogreen® O’Kid High Protein Organic Soya Milk Powder
• Biogreen® BG 100 Organic Oat Bran Powder (optional)
• 1 celery stalk, chopped into sticks
• ½ medium carrot, chopped into sticks
• A hunk of bread
1. Heat the broccoli, potatoes, sweet corn, white onion, carrot and cloves in a stock pot over high heat to boil. Reduce heat; simmer and covered for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the stock pot from the heat.
2. Place half of the broth mixture into a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture into a medium bowl. Return the pureed mixture to the stock pot with the rest of the mixture, heat through and stir thoroughly. Stir in the Biogreen® O’Kid High Protein Organic Soya Milk. Cook over medium heat until mixture is hot. Season to taste.
3. Sprinkle servings with Biogreen® BG 100 Organic Oat Bran Powder (optional).
4. A nice hunk of bread, along with carrots and celery sticks to be served with soup.
♥ Broccoli and carrots have a super power: merely eating 2 fist-full portions of leafy greens and certain vegetables with beta-carotene (such as carrots) per day helps reduce body fat, lower the risk of liver diseases, type 2 diabetes and other diseases.
♥ A higher percentage of calories from protein may help with weight control due to the increase in satiety, greater thermic effect and improved body composition.
♥ The high protein high fiber (HPHF) diet had a satiating effect by reducing food intake compared with either high protein or high fiber diets, and has the potential to lead to greater compliance in weight-loss programs.