Are you one of the gang who enjoys eating a bucket of popcorn while watching movies? Commercial popcorn is usually sweet and crispy, but do you know it is loaded with artificial food additives? These cheesy spirulina popcorns are definitely a healthier, nutritious alternative to your usual popcorn.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
• ¼ cup popcorn kernels
• 3 tablespoons Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• 20 tablets Biogreen Organic Spirulina VITA 7, ground into powder
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
• 1 tablespoon Biogreen PreBalance Powder
• Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine) to taste
1. In a bowl, combine spirulina powder, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, PreBalance powder and sea salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add two corn kernels and cook until the kernels pop.
3. Add the rest of the corn kernels and cover with a lid. Shake the pot every 30 seconds until almost all of the corn has popped. Remove from heat.
4. Add the popcorn into the spirulina mixture. Mix well until the popcorn is evenly coated.
5. Your superfood snack is ready!
♥ Spirulina is a blue-green alga which delivers astounding array of nutrients. Biogreen Organic Spirulina VITA 7 is traditionally used for general health maintenance and relief of fatigue.
♥ Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil consists of more than 60% medium chain triglycerides, which are easily digested for quick energy. It also adds an aromatic coconut flavour to your favourite recipes.
♥ Nutritional yeast has a cheesy, umami-like flavour, making it the perfect replacement for cheese in a vegan diet. It is a good source of vitamin B complex, where it helps to improve fatigue and good blood circulation.