Nuts are loaded with nutrients including healthy omega-3 and -6 fats, plant protein, antioxidants, fat-soluble vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium and etc., which support healthy brain and eye development in growing children.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 125g non-dairy butter
- 65g Etblisse Organic Unrefined Coconut Sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons warm water)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- ½ teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine)
- 120g wholemeal flour
- 90g Biogreen2u O’Tigres Quick Oatmilk
- 75g ground cashew nut
- 30g corn flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons melted non-dairy butter
- 50g cashew nut, halved
1. Preheat oven at 170°C.
2. Prepare 1 flax egg and set aside for 15 minutes to thicken.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the non-dairy butter and coconut sugar until just combined. Stir in the flax egg and vanilla essence and beat for another 30 seconds.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together wholemeal flour, oatmilk powder, ground cashew nut, corn flour, baking powder and salt. Then mix the dry ingredients into wet ingredients in batches to form a pliable dough.
5. Place dough in between 2 sheets of plastic, roll into ½ cm thick. Cut into your preferred shape using a cookie cutter.
6. Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Press half of a cashew nut on top of the cookies.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for around 20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Transfer and cool cookies on a cooling rack before storing them in an airtight container and glaze with the melted non-dairy butter.
♥ Replacing refined flour with wholemeal flour and Biogreen2u O’Tigres Quick Oatmilk improve nutrient density of these cookies by increasing the fibre, protein, as well as essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin B complex, calcium, iron and etc.