Walnuts are high in plant-based omega-3 fats which help to reduce LDL cholesterol and triglycerides level in the body, thus lowering risks for heart diseases.
Yield: 8-10 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
105g wholemeal flour
80g Biogreen Five Grain Oatmilk Energy
½ cup Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
½ cup brown sugar
2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine)
1 teaspoon vanilla paste
3 medium carrots, finely grated
½ cup Biogreen Organic Sultana Raisins
½ cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Grease cake pan and line the bottoms with parchment paper, lightly flour.
3. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, coconut oil and flax eggs with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or until well mixed.
4. Add flour, oatmilk powder, baking powder, cinnamon, sea salt and vanilla essence; beat on low speed 1 minute.
5. Stir in carrots, raisins and walnuts. Pour into pan.
6. Bake in the oven at 180°C for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
7. Allow the cake to cool completely on a cooling rack.
8. Sprinkle toppings on the cake, if desired. Serve.
♥ Biogreen Five Grain Oatmilk Energy is a no added sugar formula rich in dietary fibre, which helps to stabilize after-meal blood sugar level, promoting satiety and preventing constipation among diabetics.
♥ Wholemeal flour serves as a healthier replacement for refined flour as it contains more nutrients and dietary fibre that has been removed during the processing of refined flour.