Tofu is an excellent source of plant protein which contributes to cholesterol-lowering as well as risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
• 1 block firm tofu, cubed/triangle
• 3-5 dried Shiitake mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 20-30 minutes
• 1 bunch white crab mushroom, roots removed
• 1 stalk scallion, chopped
• 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 thumb ginger, finely chopped
• 3 star anise
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 tablespoons mushroom hydrated water + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen Organic Blackstrap Molasses
• 1 teaspoon Biogreen G Seasoning Powder
• White pepper to taste
• Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine) to taste
• Etblisse Organic Unrefined Coconut Sugar to taste
1. Pat dry tofu cubes with paper towels. Heat up wok and add oil. Deep fry the bean curd until golden brown, dish out and drain with paper towels. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir-fry the chopped garlic and ginger until fragrant.
4. Add mushrooms and tofu.
5. Mix Biogreen Organic Blackstrap Molasses with water and add the mixture into the saucepan.
6. Add all seasonings and cover the saucepan with its cover. Lower the heat to low and let it braise for 15 minutes.
7. Before serving, add in the corn starch mixture to thicken the sauce. Sprinkle with scallions and serve immediately.
♥ Biogreen Organic Blackstrap Molasses serves as a healthy replacement for dark soya sauce which is rich in iron, calcium, potassium and other trace minerals that benefits heart and bone health.
♥ Mushrooms contain dietary fibre that helps to manage blood sugar level, blood cholesterol level, blood pressure level and preventing constipation. Besides, it is also high in antioxidants that help to protect body cells from free radical damage.