Dumpling Festival has just ended and we will soon be celebrating Father’s Day! One of the easiest and most effective ways to show gratitude to your parents is by saying ‘thank you’. To elevate this further, thank him by baking him a mouth-watering cake, enjoyed with a cup of brewed tea, and treasuring his blissful look.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Baking Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 5 servings
• 120g all-purpose flour
• 120g Biogreen O’Tigres Organic Black Bean Powder (Low Cane Sugar)
• 70g Etblisse Organic Quick Oat Flakes
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
• 3 eggs*
• 4 tablespoons Biogreen O’Blue Organic Agave Nectar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
• 4 tablespoons Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• 240ml purified water
• 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C.
2. Grease cake pan with coconut oil and set aside.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
4. Stir in the wet ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix well.
5. Pour the batter into the cake moulds and sprinkle over pumpkin seeds.
6. Put the cake moulds into the baking tray in the middle rack and bake for 30-35 minutes at 180 ̊C or until the tooth pick inserted into the centre of cake and come out clean.
7. Remove the cake from oven and transfer to a wire rack. Cool for 10 minutes.
8.After the cake is cooled, you may cut into pieces and enjoy it!
1. Biogreen O’Tigres Organic Black Bean Powder consists of 100% organic green kernel black beans, which contain anthocyanins that help in eliminating free radicals and supporting strong immune system. Black beans are high in iron and folic acid, which helps in maintaining good blood circulation and heart health.
2. Pumpkin seeds are good source of zinc, which help in strengthening the prostate gland and promotes healthy hormonal functioning in men.
3. Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is cold-pressed from fresh coconut kernels and is free from trans-fat and cholesterol. When used in moderation, coconut oil supports strong immune system and improves digestive health.
* For vegans, may replace eggs using flax egg. One flax egg can be prepared by mixing a tablespoon of ground flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of warm water. Set aside for 15 minutes before mixing with other wet ingredients.