Organic black beans and cocoa powder are good sources of antioxidants (anthocyanins and polyphenols), which could help fighting free radicals and minimizing diabetic complications from high blood glucose levels.
Yield: 9 servings
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25-30 minutes
• 150g Biogreen O’Tigres Black Bean Powder (Cane Sugar Free)
• 50g unsweetened cocoa powder
• 60g wholemeal flour
• ¼ teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine)
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ½ cup almond flakes
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen O’Blue Organic Agave Nectar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
• 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed with 6 tablespoons warm water)
• 3 tablespoons Biogreen O’Kid High Protein Organic Soya Milk Powder (+ 400ml warm water)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a square baking pan with cooking oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
3. Pour all of the wet ingredients and mix it until just combined.
4. Fold in the almond flakes.
5. Place into baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned and firm a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Allow to sit in the pan and fully cool.
♥ Biogreen O’Blue Organic Agave Nectar is 4 times sweeter than regular cane sugar, implying that less sugar is needed or used in a recipe to achieve the desired sweetness. Additionally, it has a low glycaemic index of 17, suggesting that it could help lowering the rise of blood glucose.
♥ Replacing eggs with ground flaxseed increases the plant-based omega-3, fibre and lignans, which are heart-friendly and delays gastric emptying, favouring better blood glucose control.