Quinoa is an excellent source of plant-based protein that acts as an energy source and preventing muscles loss during andropause. It also contains high amount of zinc, providing a boost on testosterone levels.
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
• ½ cup black bean, boiled
• ¼ cup quinoa, boiled
• ¼ cup sweet corn, boiled
• ½ red tomato, rinsed, finely chopped
• 1 small onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 3 tablespoons Biogreen O’Tigres Organic Black Bean Powder (Cane Sugar Free)
• 1 teaspoon Biogreen G Seasoning Powder
• 1 teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine)
• ½ teaspoon pepper
• 1 tablespoon Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Fixings / Toppings
• 4 hamburger buns
• 1 head round lettuce, rinsed, sliced
• 1 red onion, rinsed, sliced
• 1 red tomato, rinsed, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. In a medium pan, sauté garlic and onion in coconut oil over medium heat until translucent.
3. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients using hands or a fork to mash beans and thoroughly mix.
4. Divide mixture into four equal balls, and form each into a patty between ¼- and ½-inch thick.
5. Gently coat baking sheet with coconut oil and place patties on it.
6. Bake at 200°C for 20 minutes, or until patties are crisp on top. Flip patties with spatula, and bake for another 10 minutes, or until both sides are crisp and brown.
7. Serve patties on buns with desired toppings.
♥ Biogreen O’Tigres Organic Black Bean Powder supplies dietary fibre, folate, magnesium and polyphenols that are beneficial for heart health and lower risks of heart diseases. Besides, it aids in strengthening kidneys and liver.
♥ Biogreen G Seasoning Powder is a healthy seasoning that combines the goodness of Shiitake mushroom and kombu seaweed. It serves as a healthy, vegetarian-friendly replacement for traditional MSG seasonings.