Still wondering what breakfast to prepare for your child this Sunday? Why not try making these banana corn pancakes? It is simple to prepare, just mix the ingredients, fry the batter, and drizzle with rich chocolate sesame sauce, a savoury pancake is ready to be served!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2-4 servings
• 120g all-purpose flour
• 100g purified water
• 2 eggs*
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen O’Kid Oatmilk
• 1 tablespoon Biogreen Raw Honey
• 1 tablespoon Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• 1 tablespoon Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (for frying)
• 1 large banana, sliced, well-ripened
• 3 tablespoons sweet corn, boiled, drained
Chocolate Sesame Sauce
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen O’Kid Cocoa Oatmilk
• 1 tablespoon warm water
• 2 teaspoons Biogreen 100% Pure Black Sesame Powder
• 1 teaspoon Biogreen Raw Honey
1. In a bowl, whisk flour, water, eggs, oatmilk, honey and coconut oil until combined, set aside.
2. Grease a pan with coconut oil and heat over medium-low heat.
3. Use a ½-cup measure, scoop the batter onto the pan. Cook for 2 minutes and place some sliced bananas and sweet corn on the batter. Fold the pancake into half and flip. Cook the opposite side for 1 minute.
4. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
5. Combine the ingredients for chocolate sesame sauce and drizzle onto the pancakes. Ready to serve!
♥ Biogreen O’Kid Cocoa Oatmilk is a wholesome plant milk with cocoa antioxidants to boost your child’s immunity. It is dairy-free and therefore suitable for children who are lactose intolerant or allergic to cow’s milk protein.
♥ Biogreen 100% Pure Black Sesame Powder serves as an excellent source of protein and calcium for your child, where it supports tissue repair and promotes bone health. It also supplies sesamin, an antioxidant that helps to fight free radicals.
♥ Biogreen Raw Honey is extracted at temperature below 60°C where it retained most of the honey’s beneficial nutrients and active enzymes. These active enzymes benefit food digestion and nutrient absorption.
*For vegans, egg can be replaced by using flax egg. One flax egg can be prepared by mixing 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of warm water. Set aside for 15 minutes before using.