Say hello to your next 30-minute meal: Turmeric Chickpea Fritters that are tender on the inside, crispy on the outside.
Yield: 6 fritters
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
• 500g rinsed and drained fresh chickpeas
• 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
• ½ cup sliced scallions
• 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
• ½ cup Biogreen Beta Oatmilk Energy
• 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (+ 3 tablespoons warm water)
• 1 teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Sea Salt (Fine)
• 1 tablespoon Biogreen PreBalance Powder
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• Lemon wedges (for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. In a food processor, pulse together coconut oil, chickpeas, scallions, and cilantro until a coarse paste form.
3. Pulse in flour, flax egg, and sea salt.
4. Shape walnut-sized pieces of the chickpea mixture into balls, then flatten slightly.
5. Place the chickpea patties on the prepared pan and drizzle with more coconut oil.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, carefully turn over, and bake for about 10 minutes more, or until the fritters are firm and golden on both sides.
♥ Replacing cooking oil with Biogreen 100% Organic Virgin Coconut Oil to increase the nutritional value such as lauric acid, a rare medium-chain fatty acid that supports healthy metabolism and exhibits anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial properties of the recipe.
♥ Biogreen Beta Oatmilk Energy contains Premium Brewer Yeast which is a good source of vitamin B complex, minerals and plant protein and helps to boost breast milk production in breastfeeding mothers. Coupled with Biogreen PreBalance Powder, which is rich in vitamin B complex, helps to improve nutrient digestion and metabolism, allowing better recovery and energy level in breastfeeding mothers.