Parippu Vada is popular teatime snacks among Indians or typical street food in Southern India. Try baking them instead of deep-frying to keep them calorie-friendly and guilt-free!
Yield: 2-3 servings
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
• 220g Channa dal (split chickpeas)
• 2 green chillies (finely chopped)
• ½ medium onions (finely chopped)
• 2 tablespoons ginger (finely chopped)
• 10 – 12 pcs curry leaves (finely chopped)
• 110g coriander leaves (finely chopped)
• 4 tablespoons Biogreen Prebalance Powder
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon Biogreen 84 Live Fine Sea Salt
• 2 tablespoons Biogreen Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
1. Wash and soak the dal overnight. Drain well.
2. Preheat the oven to 175°C.
3. Grind the dal to a coarse puree. Add a few teaspoons of water if needed but keep it minimal.
4. Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in the rest of ingredients and oil.
5. Shape the mixture into 2 to 3 inch size flat discs and place them on parchment lined baking sheet.
6. Brush some oil on the top of the patties. Bake for 16 - 20 minutes or until golden brown on top. Flip over and bake for another 3-5 minutes depending on the size of patties.
7. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes before serving.
♥ Biogreen PreBalance Powder is brilliantly developed by mixing 5-colour ingredients from wheat germ, black sesame, white sesame, green seaweed, nutritional yeast and carrot. It contains a variety of vitamins which are essential for health maintenance and body nourishment. The nutritional yeast serves as good source of vitamin B complex for optimising energy level and promoting better blood circulation.